Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Twenty: Country Roads


I don't have to wander far from my front door to escape the city life.

For the past few days I've found myself driving around just east of Lawrence with my camera in the passenger seat. She's not much for conversation, but she's a heckuva lot better than that set of golf clubs I have in the trunk...talk about a back-seat driver.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Travel just a few minutes east this college town (or west from Kansas City, for that matter) and you will feel instantly transported from Big City, USA to smack-dab in the middle of America's heartland.

It can be a pretty peaceful feeling, coasting along that gravel road with the windows rolled down and the radio turned up.

And although this four-legged friend was probably coming out to greet someone more familiar, he managed to make me feel quite welcome as I passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment