Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Five: Tall Order


I was lucky enough to have two great houseguests with me this week: my niece Bailey and her friend Jamie, who were taking a break from a cool Wisconsin summer to visit Lawrence before school starts back up for the fall.

While they found plenty of time for sight-seeing, shopping, hanging out with friends, shopping, swimming, and, well, shopping (Lawrence has a lot of cool stores), they also teamed up to cook dinner for Emily and me tonight.

Cooking dinner in my kitchen can be a challenge for two reasons:
1) My kitchen is about as long and wide as, say, a small bathroom. Like a small bathroom, it can get a little uncomfortable with two people in there.
2) What it lacks for in horizontal size it makes up for vertically.

This means that when a recipe calls for olive oil (conveniently tucked behind two bottles of vinegar in the top corner cabinet), a little teamwork might be necessary:


I'd say the girls both reached new heights in their cooking abilities - the spaghetti dinner was fantastic.

And with ample leftovers, I should be eating good for days to come.

Thanks Jamie and Bailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment