Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Twenty-One: Dollar Wall


Got a buck? Feeling creative?

Decorate a one-dollar bill and Jefferson's restaurant in downtown Lawrence will pin it to their wall.

And as I sitting there tonight enjoying a burger with my favorite lawyer and fiancée Emily and our friend Mike, who also happens to be a lawyer, I couldn't help but think of Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 17, Section 333 of the United States Code, "Mutilation of national bank obligations," which states:

"Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."


Oh, well. At least I know where I can find some fast cash if I ever need to pay the fine!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. What a fun idea! I couldn't imagine how much money could be on those walls. That's insane!

    ReplyDelete