Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Fifty-Nine: Single Serving


This less-than-generous portion size in my complimentary bag of peanuts from yesterday's flight (thank you Delta) got me thinking of another routine from Jerry Seinfeld's I'm Telling You For The Last Time...


Then you get on the plane. The pilot of course always has to come on the PA system.

This guy is so excited about being a pilot, he can't even stand himself:

"Well, I'm gonna take it up to about 20,000."
"Then I'm gonna make a left by Pittsburgh."
"Then I'm gonna make a right by Chicago."
"And then I'm gonna bring it down to 15,000."

He's giving the whole route, all his moves.

We're in the back going: "Yeah, fine."
"Just end-up where it says on the ticket, really."

Do I bother him with what I'm doing?
Knocking on the cockpit door:

"I'm having the peanuts now.

"Yeah, that's what we're doing back here."
"I thought I'd keep you posted."
"I'm not gonna have them all now, I'm just gonna have a few."
"I don't wanna finish it because it's such a big bag."


No comments:

Post a Comment