Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Seventy-Two: Crew's Control


Just under 200 days ago (if my blog time-keeping is correct) I brought you a picture from the Windy City of a university crew team rowing up the Chicago River - still green from St. Patrick's Day (...the river, not the crew team. Well, maybe the crew team, too, what do I know? St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big celebration in Chicago!)

While I am still uncertain as to which Chicago university that team belonged, there is no doubt that the crew team I saw practicing as I walked along the Kansas River today in Lawrence was made up solely of Jayhawks.

Were today's picture in color, you would see this scull boat painted a proud shade of KU Blue.

But, due to the strong contrast provided by the direct reflection of sunlight off the river which silhouetted the rowers in such a way as to naturally desaturate the picture rendering it virtually monotone - and because I thought it looked neat - today's picture is in black-and-white.

To see the real thing in color, take a walk along the Mighty Kaw on a weekday afternoon in the fall - chances are you'll see the crew...doing what they do!


No comments:

Post a Comment