Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Sixty-Five: Starry Night Traditions


Tonight was the release of a new album from one of my favorite musicians (Harry Connick, Jr.), and as traditions holds, this meant it was time for a drive.

There are three music artists I put at the top of my list: Ben Folds, Garth Brooks, and Harry Connick, Jr.

I admire them all for their creativity and ingenuity, as well as their musical ability.

For as long as I have lived in Lawrence (and have been old enough to drive), each time any of these artists would put out a new album I would be first in line to pick it up (usually at midnight the day of its release).

I would then drive out of town and around Clinton Lake - nothing but the open road and some fresh tunes surrounding me. Throw in some clear, starry skies and the moment would be complete!

Tonight the tradition continued - this time with Emily - as we made our way around Clinton Lake and even stopped at our favorite off-the-beaten-path boat ramp to snap a few pictures - and the stars obliged.

In the photo above you can see Emily playing the game Bubble Breaker on her phone in the car beneath the Big Dipper. (In the photo below, you can just see stars.)


1 comment:

  1. I would like to clarify that it was very cold and I was not dressed well to stand outside and take pictures for the entire time that we were there! I'm not usually a party pooper like that! :)

    ReplyDelete