Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Eighty-Four: Sunrise on the Lake


Just across the state line in southern Minnesota is one of my favorite places, Myre-Big Island State Park.

I try to stop by the park, which is just minutes off the interstate (though you'd never know it once you were there), as often as I can on my trips to and from Minneapolis.

This morning Farley and I arrived just in time to watch the sunrise over Albert Lea Lake - and found some deer watching the sunrise (and us) as well.

The park is a great place to wander around, enjoy the view, and let the dog(s) run around for a while.

When the lake freezes over, and you take a silent stroll on that frozen ground out into the open air, you start to feel like you are the only person on the planet.

Lucy and Emily weren't along for this part of the journey southward - we met up with them in Iowa, where Farley was once again reunited with his backseat travel buddy.

Next time you pass through Albert Lea, MN, you should make a point to visit the park (you'll see the signs from I-35) - especially if you feel the need to "clear your senses."

It works wonders!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow.....I think I might need to have that sunrise picture....beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete