Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Seventy-Four: By the Light of the Moon


A great photographer, like a magician, never reveals his tricks.


But, since:

1) I don't consider myself a great photographer, and

2) I don't know that there is any truth to that saying (as applied to photographers) in the first place...

...I will now reveal to you that this image is actually the composition of two pictures I took earlier today while Emily and I let the puppies run around the off-leash dog park in Lawrence.

The first image is of the moon in the clear sky; the second is of the leafless, wind-bent treetop.

A simple Photoshop overlay gave this result, which seems to me to be much more interesting than either of the two images alone.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just happened across your blog and realized that I found someone who likes photography too!!! I am still a novice at it. I got a new Canon Rebel for myself as a post-divorce, birthday, and Christmas gift combo and I am still trying to learn how to operate all the different functions and settings. I would love to be able to share with you guys and maybe learn some new photoshop tricks from one another (I'm still trying to figure that out too...LOL). Also, I figure, what the heck, I can make some new friends and learn about another part of the country at the same time? If you would like, please respond. Leisa

    ReplyDelete