Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Eight: And He Called It....Macaroni?


Have you ever thought to yourself, "I think I'll cook up some macaroni and cheese on the stove top?"

And after you boil the water and pour in the noodles and turn down the heat just a bit on the stove, have you ever laid down on the couch while waiting for the noodles to cook?

And then have you ever fallen asleep on that couch for about two or three hours, because it was really too late to be cooking macaroni in the first place, and you should have just gone to bed instead?

Well, in case you haven't done all of those things, here is what happens to that macaroni in the neglected pot on the glowing burner after all the water has evaporated and an odd smell wakes you from your unintended slumber:

No matter how badly I have messed up new recipes in the past, I have always been able to say, "at least I can still cook up a mean pot of mac and cheese!" Now, even that has proven to be over my head.

Alas, I guess it's back to PB & J for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment