Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Thirty-Four: In A Blur

Shopping,
cleaning,
cooking,
organizing,
decorating,
making lists,
checking them twice,
more shopping,
more cleaning,
more cooking...

...'tis the season to become stressed out with too much to do in preparation for the holidays.

So instead of running around constantly lost in a blur of "things that need to get done," why don't we take some time to focus on what the season really means to us.

Now is a time of preparation.

I'm not preparing my house for parties, not my kitchen for meals, not my spare bedroom for guests, not my budget for gifts.

Right now I'm preparing me, myself, for the Christmas season.

For me this means being mindful of these weeks of Advent in preparation for the celebration of Christ coming into the world.

For me this means bringing to the forefront the charitable lifestyle I sometimes set aside out of convenience to myself.

For me this means hot cocoa, caroling, goodwill and friendship.

The shopping, the cleaning, the decorating, the cooking - all of that will come in time. But right now...now I'm trying to stay out of the blur.


1 comment:

  1. I like this attitude..wishing you a Happy Christmas..Merry christmas.
    enjoy with family and friends.

    with love,
    shyju

    www.mycamdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete