Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Eleven: Good Timing


One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is to wake up just before sunrise and ride the mountain bike trail along the Kansas River.

This morning I threw my camera in a backpack and brought it along with the intention of capturing a specific picture about three-fourths of the way around the 9-mile loop.

After realizing I had forgotten something, I needed to double back to the start of the trail - and I'm glad I did, because this was the view that was waiting for me there:


Sometimes finding a picture you love is just about being in the right place at the right time. In this case I'm glad I doubled back, because the other picture did not work out at all.

I love sunrises and sunsets, but when you photograph too many of them they can all start to look like a dime a dozen.

For this picture alone, however, I would gladly pay at least a quarter.


1 comment:

  1. As would I, Pete - it's exquisite! I'd love to buy this print - as soon as I finish my PhD and get a "real job," please allow me to do so. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete