Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day Three-Hundred and Fifty-Six: More Expectations

In nearing the end of 365 days worth of pictures, I'm finding it difficult not to revisit themes that have been previously explored on this blog. I can look around most of my "usual" places in Lawrence and think, "I've already taken that picture."

On the other hand, I'm also finding that you can never really take the same picture twice.

Take today's picture, for instance. Marcus Morris at the free throw line, ball in midair, all the fans in the stands (and Sherron Collins behind him) waiting in anticipation for the shot to drop. Look familiar? Check out this photo from my blog entry over eleven months ago.

If expectations were high then (and they were), they are even higher now with the 'Hawks ranked number one in the nation and the majority of analysts predicting them to be in the Final Four.

It's a new season, it's a new picture, but it's a familiar scene that speaks to the loyalty and support these fans have for their basketball team year in and year out.

Also around eleven months ago I found a rather amusing portrait of a tuba player (thanks to a nice, high polish on the brass).

I thought I'd revisit that technique today as well, courtesy of the sousaphone section of the KU men's basketball pep band:

I've learned a lot from this blog project, but more than anything I've discovered that there is always more than one way to view a scene...and thanks to that I will always be looking for unique perspectives in photography...and life!


No comments:

Post a Comment