Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Thirty-Six: "Waiter...There's a Bug On My Spoon"


Waiter...there's a bug on my spoon!...or so it might appear.


For years I have had the pleasure and honor of eating dinner with some dear family friends.

It has become a weekly tradition to drop by for an evening of conversation and plentiful portions of food (and if we're lucky, some homemade ice-cream to top the meal off!).

And for years I have been noticing something rather unique to this setting: the reflection of the skylight directly above the dining room table as seen in the curvature of the silverware below it.

It only recently dawned on me that this would make a good topic for a picture of the day.

And, after snapping the picture and showing it around, it became the growing consensus that it indeed looked like there was a bug on my spoon.

Well, I am pleased to report that in all of my years of dining here, I have not once found an actual bug on my spoon.

I have, however, on more than one occasion found myself with a stomachaches from overeating...every one of them totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment