Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Forty-Two: Chilled Pumpkin


A fresh layer of snow on the Halloween-turned-Thanksgiving pumpkins outside my door reminds me that I am officially a season or two behind the times.


While I love (read: LOVE!!) me some pumpkin bread, I have yet to cook with actual pumpkin innards.

Emily and I talked about doing that this year, but I'm pretty sure (following a night of sub-zero temperature) we missed our window of opportunity for these particular gords.

In lieu of a better picture today (I'm not particularly fond of this one) I will now offer you the pumpkin bread recipe that I use frequently this time of year (and of which I am very fond). Enjoy.
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 (15 ounce) can Pumpkin
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil

Mix, stir, and bake in two loaf pans at 350° for about an hour or until done.




No comments:

Post a Comment