Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Three Hundred and Forty-Five: Winter Frost

I caught this image of a "frost-covered winter morn" on my way to work earlier today.

This is a picture of my windshield (which has been featured before on my blog - only with H2O of a different form) taken while I was stopped at a red light.

The frost left on my window from the night before left such a nice design I wanted to feature it on the blog. However, the only way I could grab a photo and still make it to work on time was to pull my camera out while the car was momentarily stopped, and take a quick picture.

The challenge was this: the only way to get the proper angle of the windshield with sky in the background was to take a picture by holding the camera in my lap - meaning I had to take my best aim blindly and let autofocus do the rest.

The whole process took about 28 seconds, which left me two seconds to put the camera away before the light turned green and I moved along down Mass Street.

I'm sure the people in the car beside me were a bit curious as to what was happening next to them.

(One thing this project has taught me is that you can't always be concerned with what others think of you...getting good photos sometimes means getting over your own insecurities or embarrassment.)

With a little fine tuning, the pic-of-the-day turned out: a snowy, frosty winter glow!


1 comment:

  1. I really like this one, Pete, as well as the story that accompanies its genesis - but I'm curious as to how you were able to drive while looking through such a frosty windshield! :-)

    ReplyDelete