Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day One Hundred and Eighteen: New Beginnings

Today's post is the beginning of what could be (if successful) a seven- or eight-month-long project.

Lately I've been taking some pictures of the plant life around my house - many of the flowers are already blooming and leaves are already green.

But today I thought I would try capturing something different: the life of a leaf over the course of a year, from the first bud in the spring to the last thrust of the rake in the fall.

So, here is the branch I will be photographing periodically for the next three seasons. While I will be taking many pictures of this branch throughout the rest of the year, you won't see any more of the pics until that fall day when leaf meets rake in that final sweep of arboreal existence - at which point I hope to have a full progression of pictures from bud to bag.

Here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment