Monday, April 13, 2009

Day One Hundred and Three: Puppy Love?

Tonight when 9 p.m. rolled around and neither Emily nor I had taken a picture, she suggested we try to be creative in our positioning of objects, and create some non-Photoshop-enhanced tricks of the eye using the camera.

The idea I came up with involved the dogs, which was probably my first mistake.

Puppies and babies make for some great spontaneous pictures, but try to pose them in one position for too long and they get more antsy and wiggly than yours truly in a long line at the all-you-can-eat buffet.

Emily put in a good twenty minutes of getting Lucy to "sit" and "stay" in the proper position while arranged Farley and clicked away at the camera. In the end for our efforts we got some entertaining pictures, but I just wasn't satisfied with any of them.

Emily gets a free dinner tomorrow night for putting up with me.

All of that sitting and staying gave Lucy and Farley plenty of time to build up some playful energy, which they let loose the instant we gave the "okay!"

In the end, it was this shot - an accidental one, of sorts - that I liked best for the day: a couple of canine pals at play. Spontaneity wins out again!

I didn't include any of the posed pictures here, as you will probably see another version of them in a future entry (can you feel the suspense start to build?).

No comments:

Post a Comment