Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day One Hundred and Sixteen: Back to Schoool

Let me say, first and foremost, that I love KU. I have three degrees from the University, including one from the School of Education.

I have strong ties to the School of Ed. I know friends, family, and colleagues who have gone through the school. I am close to many of the wonderful professors there. My dad even served as dean of the School of Ed at KU from 1985-86.

Recently the KU School of Education graduate department was ranked among the top 10 schools in the nation. The Special Education department is ranked first among all public universities!

...So now you can see how one little flier that someone failed to proofread before posting on the bulletin board in the education building might stand out as a poor representation of the School.

Take a look at this flier. I seem to spot another typo every time I study it (my count is at least three).

But that's not the kicker. Look in the bottom-right corner to see who is sponsoring the volunteer effort at Prairie Park Elementary!

I think it's time to go back to schoool.

No comments:

Post a Comment