Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day One Hundred and Eight-Six: Future Dreams

When I was younger I loved to play basketball. I played throughout school, and I still like to hit the courts to this day. It's a great way to spend time with friends, stay in shape, and scratch that competitive itch that still acts up now and again.

As a kid I imagined what it would be like to make it big in the NBA, to be the next Michael Jordan, to play the game that I loved and get paid to do it.

Of course, the money wouldn't have mattered - it was all about hitting that winning jumper in game 7 of the Finals.

Last-second shots in the driveway and massive two-hand-reverse dunks on the Nerf hoop only added fuel to the imaginative fire.

And as a kid, when you're out there on the driveway, or at the park, or in the gym, working on your game, dreaming of the future, sometimes it seems like it's just you and the hoop.

Everything else just fades away.

That's what I am reminded of by today's picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment