Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Six: Creature Feature, Part 1

Today I drove out to the southeast end of town, pulled my car off to the side of the road, and ventured out into the Baker wetlands to see if I could find anything photo worthy.

The Baker wetlands have been the topic of much controversy lately, as they are located directly in the path of the proposed extension to the Hwy 10 bypass around Lawrence.

A stop-and-start drive down any major east/west road through the city during rush hour is enough to show that some sort of Lawrence bypass would be beneficial to the easement of traffic congestion in the burgeoning college town.

Of course, the wetlands have many vocal supporters as well, and the ongoing debate has kept road developers sitting on their asphalt (forgive me) for years.

While the wetlands are still here, this amateur photographer doesn't mind taking advantage of their easy access to enjoy an afternoon walk in the wilderness with the camera.

I'll save the debate for another day. For now, I'll just enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment