Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Two Hundred and One: Roadside Flare

Driving home in the heavy rain last night, I turned down the dark alley that eventually leads past several well-placed potholes to the familiar parking space behind my house, and my headlights illuminated an unusual patch of warm color in an otherwise dark stretch of pavement currently speckled with raindrops and bits of light gravel.

These fallen petals, most likely loosed from their arboreal shelter by the current downpour afflicting Lawrence, seemed to me to be something worth noting for the day, and so I ducked in the house to gather my tripod, repositioned my headlights as they were when I made my initial turn into the alley, and - protecting my camera from the falling rain with a strategically positioned giant umbrella - snapped a quick picture.

Here is the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment