Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day Fifty-Six: What's Black and White and Shed All Over?

Here's a riddle for you.

What do you get when you cross:

3 weeks of rainless weather
2 sets of lost car keys
1 car parked directly under a tree, and
1,000+ hungry robins on a daily migration?


The answer is today's picture-of-the-day: Click here to reveal it!



This neighbor's car has remained stationary for over a month now, in my parking space nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I'm not too eager to park there at the moment - I'd be at the car wash going through quarters faster than a pig farmer at a laundromat.*

Compounding the absurdity of the situation is that most of the air has now escaped out of the front passenger tire, meaning that even if the keys were found or a new set were to arrive, the car still could not be driven. I find that the flat tire only adds to the aesthetic nature of the overall scene.

I took this picture today because showers are in the forecast for tomorrow and I would hate for the memory of this bird-bombed car to wash away with the rain. Like a true friend it is there to greet me on my way out of the door each morning, and it is there waiting for me when I return home from work every afternoon.

I realize the photo isn't much to speak of - the car itself is the true work of art. It's like going to the Louvre and taking a snapshot of the Mona Lisa.** But for the birds, drop by drop, this car which was once a blank canvas has become a masterpiece.

*I don't know many*** pig farmers, and I also don't know if they frequent the laundromats. But I imagine if they did, they would go through a lot of quarters!

**Yeah, it's exactly like that.

***any.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly how MY car looked when I recently picked it up at the rental car place after one of my trips. Gross gross gross!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete