Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day Forty-One: Raindrops on Roadses

If I had to list a few of my favorite things, I'd start with the obvious: family, close friends, and trips to the Chinese buffet. I'd probably follow that up with the smell of freshly cut grass, the sound of a boat idling in the water, the feel of a basketball spinning in my hands, and a warm rain inviting me to come outside and get comfortably soaked in a matter of seconds.

While all of these things are reasonably common occurrences (the Chinese buffet is all too common), they are not all easy to come by in the month of February - especially the warm rain. That is what made today so enjoyable and unique. This day, in which afternoon temperatures approaching 70 degrees were complimented by a steady evening rainfall, was much needed in an area that had been under a fire ban due to excessively dry weather conditions.

While I enjoy walks in the rain (and candlelight dinners, and Richard Gere movies*), my non-waterproof camera starts complaining if it gets too wet...so I covered it in a plastic bag and only stayed out long enough to get this picture (which was long enough to get pretty well soaked, myself).

The fast exposure only caught a few raindrops bouncing up from the slick pavement (it sure looked like it was raining heavier than this), but I like the effect nonetheless.

Next week: whiskers on kittens.

*(Once again, tip of the hat to Joe Monaco)

No comments:

Post a Comment