Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day Thirty-Eight: Shooting Stars

Emily and I went out to dinner last night in Kansas City at the Skies restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency. The restaurant, which rotates 40-some stories above the Crown Center plaza, is a great place to watch a sunset, see the skyline, and enjoy some great food - all of which we did!

It's also a great place to look for shooting stars, and this photo - taken in the hotel lobby - reminds me of just that. This decoration - alignments of small silver globes suspended from the ceiling in strands on silver chains - provides a unique centerpiece for the foyer (and from the angle above looks like something out of Star Wars).

I like the motion that this picture seems to have as a result of the mix of chains and spheres emanating from the right. I also like that in every globe you can see a reflection of the flash of the camera.

It was a night of good food, good views, good music and good memories, and I'm glad my picture of the day could capture even just a little piece of that.

(Here is the full view of the decoration)

No comments:

Post a Comment