Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day Forty-Three: Midnight Snacks

Ah, Munchers. How best to describe thee? Could mere words do you justice? Your down home atmosphere, your friendly staff, your cream cheese donuts...how shall I express what you mean to me?

Perhaps a haiku:
Any time of day
Cream cheese donuts taste so sweet
My belly it grows

Nah, too limiting. Maybe iambic pentameter*:

I had a cream cheese donut just last night
I know that it was true love at first bite
I can't remember feeling so amazed
By twist or frosted sprinkles or by glazed
If e'er I were to be electrocuted
This would be my last meal, undisputed!

(*Thank you 10th grade English class!)

Hmm...too morbid. There's always a limerick:

There are things that can drive people so nuts
That without them they could really go nuts
Like women or beer
Or things they hold dear
For me it's those darn cream cheese donuts!

Okay, it's a work in progress.

I'll have to mull it over a little...

...perhaps while enjoying a cream cheese donut...

...at Munchers.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. Iambic pentameter?? Nerd. ;)

    Do you know what is a very sad, sad story? I have never eaten at Munchers. :(

    ReplyDelete