Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day One Hundred and Seventy-Four: My Secret Place

My favorite places to visit are usually the little-known ones.

These are places I can go and rarely find other people. These are places I can call my own.

These are places I can visit when I want time alone to think. These are places I can go to write music. These are places I can bring friends to share in their beauty and uniqueness.

One such place for me near Lawrence is a seldom-used boat ramp miles off of the beaten on the north end of Clinton Lake.

I happened upon this spot by chance, just exploring in my car one day. Since then I've come back to have time alone to clear my head, I've brought friends out to have a beer and shoot the breeze, I've brought dogs out to go for a swim, and tonight I brought the camera out to take a picture.



Most of the light you see in the midnight sky is coming from Lawrence, although some of the definition in the distance clouds is due to heat lightning that flashed periodically throughout this prolonged exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment