Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day Eight: My Sweet Tooth

Sunset pictures are like candy to me.

And I like my candy...
...or perhaps you've already heard about the Halloween incident of 1990? Check the newspaper archives, it was a display of candy gorgery of epic proportions. In fact I still seem to get a tummyache just thinking about it, although that could have to do with the pile of empty Now & Later wrappers building up around my keyboard as I type this. I do like my candy.

And if sunset pictures are like candy in my house, then dog pictures are the juice box used to wash it down: you know you don't really need it, you've had plenty before; it may seem like a good idea, but there really is no benefit to having another one; in fact, too many can make you downright sick to your stomach.

But, darn my sweet tooth, I can't resist the occasional juice box either. So how best to combine two of my "guilty pleasure" subjects, dogs and sunsets? With a little creativity and luck. I think I captured a little of both in this shot, using my pup Farley to silhouette the setting sun by the Clinton Lake dam.

Letting the sun peek through his legs and body gave a little something extra to this shot. I also like the prominence of Farley's ears - possibly my favorite of his features.

But I will stop here: if sunsets are like candy and dogs are like sweet sugary drinks, then hearing owners carry on about their pets' facial features is surely the inevitable tummyache that follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment