Friday, January 23, 2009

Day Twenty-Two: Procrastination

Well, it happened. I went 23 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds without getting a picture today. It wasn't for lack of trying or lack of opportunity.

I was in perfect position to photograph a glorious red, orange, purple and gold sunset over the steel blue of Clinton Lake. I reached for my camera, ran into position, lined up the shot, pushed the shutter release, and heard...nothing. No click.

No battery.

Oops.

Back at home, battery installed, I took a few less-than-stellar shots of a pizza box from Pyramid Pizza (a Lawrence favorite). Truth be told, I'm a little disappointed I couldn't capture in pixels the joy this pizza gives me....perhaps when I'm a more accomplished photographer I'll be able to transform a greasy pizza box into something more than a greasy pizza box.

Until then I'll have to focus my efforts on other things that bring me joy, like long walks on the beach, romantic candlelit dinners, and Richard Gere movies. (tip of the hat to Joe Monaco)

The rest of the evening was filled with things non-picture related, and so, due in part to my procrastination, today's picture captures the last 5 seconds of January 22nd.

Here's hoping tomorrow's picture comes a little earlier in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment