Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day Three: For the Dogs

Meet Farley.


Being photographed here from multiple angles, the lab/border collie/??? seemed more interested in his owner than in Emily (who had a much better angle on the shot).

This shot was taken nearby Clinton Lake, Lawrence's closest claim to "the life aquatic." The man-made lake and dam provide a nice refuge on an otherwise busy day, with places to run, bike, hike, relax, camp, take your dog offleash, and - if you are feeling desperate enough to do so - swim.

Clinton Lake is a landmark in Northeastern Kansas and in my own life, which makes it somewhat odd for me to think that as little as 10 years before I was born the lake existed only on paper, only as an idea.

These shots were taken near the spillway which, depending on the openness of the dam gates, can provide a calm place for animals to and people to wade, or more turbulent waters like these seen here (with a slight time elapse of the camera).

I'm sure there will be more pictures of the dam, spillway, and lake to come in my collection of 365+ pics this year.

I'll just have to find my dam camera first.



No comments:

Post a Comment