Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day Four: A Time for Reflection

This Christmas season was special (but then, aren't they all) to me for a great number of reasons - this photo focuses on a couple of those in particular.


The nativity scene (my first...on loan) is a reminder of what makes every Christmas season special. I like the way the candlelight plays off the figures.

Another first this season was picking out my own (real) Christmas tree! I've wanted to have a real tree forever, and so one Saturday morning in January, Emily came with me to help pick out the perfect tree.

Pickins were a little slim.

But we found one that worked out just right, and I've been enjoying it ever since. While you can't see the tree in the photo, you can see its lights reflected on Ruby (the only guitar I've ever named).

That reflection caught my eye one day, and I thought it would make for an interesting photograph. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this picture! What a great idea...I'm considering taking it on myself. Great to meet you the other week :-)

    Sara (Emily's friend in the blue sweater at the Eldridge...yeah).

    ReplyDelete