Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day Sixty-Two: Ready...Aim...FIRE!

Do you remember that episode of Happy Days when Mork from Ork showed up and hijinx ensued? (Okay, I only saw it in reruns.) Or that episode of Frasier when Sam Malone took a vacaction from Cheers and visited his old patron in Seattle? Okay, how about a few weeks ago when the casts of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice shared roles on each other's shows?

(wow, I don't know what's more embarrassing: admitting I've watched Mork and Mindy or Grey's Anatomy.)

The point is, every once in a while fans of these shows get a special treat when cast members of one show make appearances on another show (often one is a spin-off of the other). Well, my 365-days-of-pics blog kind of started as a spin-off of Emily's blog (or at least a spin-off of the idea), and today fans worldwide are in for a special treat as we both have guest roles in each other's blog entries!

Last night we set up our tripods about 10 paces apart, turned, aimed, and shot. While it may sound like an old-fashioned duel, it was more like a game of "capture the flash." As Emily's write-up will tell you, one of us was usually a little quicker to the draw, which really just meant a do-over.

(that's how they did it in the ol' West, right?)

On a couple of shots we managed to pull the triggers simultaneously, and various stages of flash were captured in each other's cameras. Here is my favorite remnant from last night's shoot-out:

disclaimer: I have been advised by my lawyer to tell you that we were both trying to make goofy faces at one another!

    "So, what have I learned this week, Orson?

    I've learned that human nature is very interesting! I've learned that, as long as you have a fancy camera and are dressed somewhat nicely you can pretty much go wherever you want, even without a ticket.

    I've learned that, no matter what your intentions really are, if you wear a stocking cap and use a telephoto lens, people will assume you are up to no good.

    I've learned that one person standing outside a housing complex at night taking pictures is creepy, but two people standing outside a housing complex taking pictures...well, that's just goofy.

    And I've learned that obscure references to Mork and Mindy do not go over well with my reading audience. Shazbot."
So, until we meet again, this is Pete saying, "Na-Nu, Na-Nu..."

1 comment: