Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day One Hundred and Thirty: Comfort of Home

I love traveling, I love spending time with family, and I love being home in Minnesota. But after a few days on the road, a few nights on the couch, and a few hundred miles on the car, there's nothing like the comfort of my own bed.

This shot was taken with a 25-second time exposure to capture the various stages of getting into bed: 5 seconds of the bed alone; 10 seconds of a prayer of thanks for a safe journey (I usually spend a little more time than that on prayer); and 10 seconds in the bed.

The pillow that you see "through" me in the right corner of the room is the same pillow that you see "through" me on the bed - it moved halfway through the time-elapse, as did I.

As for the light shining down on me while I pray, well, I'd like to say that halo follows me wherever I go - but that was just luck-of-the-picture.

Just as well, I'd imagine that beam of light would get rather annoying in movie theaters and all...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo!

    Did I miss it, or are you still planning to do the same scene (South Park, I think?) in different seasons? Spring is here! The last one I remember seeing was winter. I'd love to see that project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really neat picture. I think a version of it would also be cool - where you have a ghost-like figure praying over a family member sleeping.

    I just now stumbled on your blog. I think I'm going to like it.

    ReplyDelete